Teaser Tuesday!

MizB @ Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesday every week at her blog! This gives everyone the opportunity to share a few lines from a new book they're reading or one of their old favorites.
Here are the rules for Teaser Tuesday!
1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share two teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
4. Share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from, so people can find the book if they like the teaser.
5. PLEASE avoid spoilers.

The post office brought me a beautiful hardcover new release entitled, Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran today! So I'll open it up and share a few lines with you!

" 'You know I'm engaged to be married to him.'

'At eleven?'

'I was engaged when I was two,' she said crossly. 'So why not now, when I'm nearly twelve? And when we marry, everyone in Rome will see who my father's heir is intended to be.' "

Excerpt from page 121 of:

Cleopatra's Daughter
by Michelle Moran
Crown Publishers
Copyright 2009
431 pages
ISBN: 978-0-307-40912-6
Fiction-Historical
Be sure to visit MizB!!!

Comments

  1. It's insane how marriage worked back in their time. Can you imagine being engaged to be married so young, and to someone your family set you up with?

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate being forced into marriage with someone I didn't know/want/love. That's just awful!

    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the teaser, at least they did not have to deal with all the dating crap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tease. This book is on my nearest sack of TBR books. My tease is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this one! Love the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for stopping by! I think I'll be starting this book next...it does look really good!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is also on my list!!! Can't wait! It looks great.

    Here's my teaser: http://gofita.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Engaged at 2! It's hard to imagine a life like that.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my engaged at 2. I mean I know people had arranged marriages like that back then and some cultures still do now but it is still a foreign concept to me.

    My teaser is here -> Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Radiant Lit Blog Tour: Jilted by Varina Denman

TLC Book Tours: The Daredevil Snared by Stephanie Laurens (Review + Giftcard Giveaway!)

My Review ~ The Lie and the Lady by Kate Noble